cleaning 101...

i think i have told y'all this secret before- i really am not good at cleaning....like it's a huge struggle for me. my husband doesn't get how one person (now two, tay has inherited my gene) can be so messy. which explains why i was really excited yesterday when i found a guide to cleaning (how dorky does that sound) on the real simple website. it broke things down in time frames: ie. if you have 15 min. do this...so with my "positive outlook" i decided to give it a try....it worked....i think i dreaded cleaning b/c i was doing it wrong (who knew that you had to let the disinfectant sit in the sink for 15 min in order to get it clean??). also, my old school tactics (like i still used the powder comet) took so long. now with these helpful hints, i feel like it's something i can try and be better at. i even went as far as going to target to buy the "supplies" they suggested. and my cute neighbors were so nice and gave me an electrolux for christmas b/c they know how much i despised my current vacuum....(it makes vacuuming a daily activity). so, stay tuned and see if this "new shannon" hangs around...

Leave a Reply