the purchase....




so i saved all of my b'day money and what we made from selling our china cabinet on craig's list for my trip to Scott's. i knew i wanted to buy dining room chairs (it's kind of nice to have something specific that you are looking for...b/c i could have easily been persuaded to spend my money on a lot of other things). i spent the day browsing at beautiful things but knew in the back of my mind, i was there for DR chairs. i spotted six louis xiv chairs at a booth during our tour w/ eddie. i talked quickly w/ the dealer about them...they were from a highend NY country club....i decided to think about them...
when the tour was over, we started shopping. i kind of had in my head what i was looking for and the chairs i found first definitely fit the realm that i was thinking....then i got hit by some mega bling....these metal chippendale chairs. they weren't old but i was smitten...the only thing was, they weren't too comfortable. the seat definitely needed a cushion added to them and the dealer wasn't the nicest guy...i was completely torn. i looked at my mom and my friend becky to talk me through it. i knew that the louis xvi chairs would look great w/ the table; they were classic chairs that could blend nicely with several styles; and w/ new upholstery, they would be me in a second. the chippendale chairs were just cool...totally "me" and the metal would look awesome w/ my DR table base.....
sooooooooo, i went w/ the louis xvi. it was really a hard decision b/c i LOVED the chippendale chairs but i think down the road, these will be more of a transitional chair that will stay w/ us for a long time....now, i just have to reupholster them!! i am thinking about burlap in the front,keeping the nailhead and then doing the back in the lulu dk stripe that i have in my kitchen...much like the reversal of the picture above.....

Leave a Reply