angie hranowsky...



























i was so excited when i was flipping through a magazine and ran across angie hranowsky. i was even more shocked that she was a local designer. the interiors of her mother's home was so hip that i couldn't resist emailing her to find out more....angie couldn't have been any sweeter and agreed to do a little Q & A....


Q: I totally stumbled upon you while flipping thru house beautiful looking for something inspiring for a current project. I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that you lived here! You are a breath of fresh air in a town full of traditional designers…what inspires your design style?
A: I would say the main things that inspire my design style are vintage/modern furniture and architecture and color. I have been a collector of vintage furniture for years. I am constantly seeking out interesting pieces and furniture designers that are more rare.


Q: You had a wonderful client to work for- your mother! Her house is so hip and with it…did you both come up with the feminine concept or did you just tell her to trust you!??
A: Doing my mom's house when she moved here was a great experience. We did talk first about what she wanted, feminine and comfortable. She was great and really followed my instincts. I would show her what I was doing for her approval, but she was pretty open about it all.

Q: I have to know more about the amazing chandelier that you painted for the master bedroom….i think I read that you did it yourself…please share!!
A: Yes, I got a glass chandelier and painted it myself with car paint. Getting paint to stick to glass even with priming it first was not easy. I loved the idea of a colored glass chandelier and decided I could get the look for a lot less and make it more interesting.

Q: I adore the hallway with the O & L paper…everything looks so effortless…are the lamp and console vintage?
A:Yes, the lamp and cabinet in the hall are vintage, although I had the cabinet refinished with a
fresh coat of white lacquer.
Q: What is your favorite local place to shop?
A: My favorite local place is Antiques in South Windermere in the South Windermere shopping center. I stop in there almost every week. There are really no places in town that sell a lot of vintage, but that antique store always has a good mix of furniture and accessories and I have been fortunate to stumble on some good finds. Ultimately I don't get a lot things in town. I am constantly searching and looking for good finds when I am traveling.

Q: What is the one design trend you can’t get enough of and what is one you hope to never see again??
A: I'm not sure it's a trend, but I can never get enough of turquoise. I love the color whether its paint, fabric or jewelry.
I don't like country... themes, decor, nothing country.
Thanks so much for taking time out angie for this interview! Keep up the great design!!

Leave a Reply